RIM’s inpatient Spinal Cord Injury Program has been providing spinal cord rehabilitation services for more than 60 years. Our team of experts is experienced in treating all types of spinal cord injuries, including the most complex cases.
Our inpatient spinal cord injury program includes:
- An entire inpatient unit dedicated to the treatment of spinal cord injuries
- Expanded therapy schedules and weekend therapy program
- Training program for home preparation
- Advanced therapeutic robotics and technology
- Spasticity management program
- Home evaluations
- Aquatic therapy
- Custom wheelchair seating
- Assistive technology
- Family/patient education
- Opportunities to participate in cutting-edge SCI medical research
Individualized treatment is provided by a team of healthcare professionals led by board-certified physicians. Other members of the treatment team with advanced SCI training include:
- Rehab nursing
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-language pathology
- Respiratory therapy
- Therapeutic recreation
- Social work
RIM’s team also involves patients and their family members at every step of the treatment process, so that everyone can make informed decisions about inpatient and outpatient services, follow-up care, home adjustments and other special needs.
For more information about RIM's inpatient Spinal Cord Injury Program or to schedule a tour, please call our Referral Relations Department at (313) 745-1000.