Volunteer at RIM
At Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan (RIM), volunteers make a tremendous impact on patients, their recovery and the overall experience of undergoing rehab at RIM.
If you think you might be a good fit for our volunteer program, please apply using the application below or contact Julie Eaman with questions email@example.com
- Age requirement: You must be at least 15-years-old
- Time commitment:
- We ask for a weekly commitment of at least three hours per week
- We prefer volunteers perform 100 hours of service consecutively
- These requests result in a volunteer period that is approximately two semesters or eight months
- Time of year:
- Volunteers are needed year-round
- Summer-only opportunities are available but are limited and require a commitment of at least six hours a week for a minimum of 50 hours of consecutive service. We begin accepting applications for summer volunteering in March
Accepted applicants must complete:
- An interview, during which we will discuss your interests and skills and will explain the medical screening and orientation processes
- A basic health screening and TB clearance
- A two-hour orientation session
Placements are based on interests, abilities, time availability and the current needs of RIM.
How To Become a Volunteer
- Click here to complete a Volunteer Application Form or download, print and complete a Volunteer Application Form
- Make a copy of your photo ID and submit it with your form.
- Choose one personal reference to complete and submit the Volunteer Reference Form.
Send the application, copy of your photo ID and reference form to the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan one of three ways:
- This person:
- Cannot be a family member
- Can be an employer, professional or church affiliation, teacher, etc.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (313) 966-7862
- Mail to:
Julie Kiefer Eaman
Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
261 Mack Ave., Room 569
Detroit, MI 48201