Saturday January 21, 2023
7:30 am-4 pm
Course Description: A detailed course that discusses and educates on torticollis etiology, co-morbidities and complications, evaluation, assessment, treatment, and home programming to allow the clinician a comprehensive approach to treatment. Course will include hands on treatment/ lab, please wear clothing that allows access to neck, shoulders, and trunk.
Level of Course:
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- To be able to identify torticollis and involved structures
- To be able to identify potential co-morbidities or complications related to torticollis
- To be able to perform a thorough evaluation for a patient with torticollis
- To be able to assess patient properly and give caregiver appropriate time frames
- To be able to perform a comprehensive treatment session consistently
- Understand when to refer to other clinicians
- Develop a comprehensive home program for families
- Educate families on the importance of typical development & issues with device
Melissa Hambright is a Senior Physical Therapist at Children’s Hospital of Michigan (CHM) Specialty Center Detroit with 17 years experience in pediatric outpatient rehabilitation. Melissa is the lead therapist CHM’s Myelomeningocele Care Center and Spasticity Clinic and worked with CHM’s outpatient pediatric team to develop a comprehensive approach for the treatment of torticollis. She received her MPT/ DPT (transitional Doctorate) from Central Michigan University in 2005.
RIM Auditorium (Basement) 261 Mack, Detroit MI 48201
8am – 4pm
Registration will begin at 7:30am
Continental Breakfast provided; lunch will be on your own
Tenet/DMC/RIM employees $30
To register visti https://dmc.clubautomation.com.