Visitor & Parking
COVID-19 Visitor Policy
Thank you for your patience as we navigate through these unprecedented times. Your safety remains our top priority as we continue to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and follow CDC guidelines.
Out of an abundance of caution, effective immediately, Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is changing its visitation policy until further notice.
- Visitors must be 18 or older and will be permitted to visit during the hours of 11am – 6pm.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted anywhere inside the building.
- All visitors are required to wear a face mask the entire time, including inside patient rooms.
- Visitors with symptoms will not be allowed inside the building.
- Each RIM patient will be allowed two visitors at a time. Additional visitors will have to wait in the lobby until it is their turn to visit.
- A patient that is a PUI (Person Under Investigation) or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 cannot accept visitors.
These measures will be in effect until we are advised by the CDC or the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services that it is safe to return to normal visiting practices.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Free patient parking is available in the flat lot in front of the DMC Heart Hospital or in the Lot A parking structure on the corner of Mack and Beaubien with validation. Bring your parking ticket with you to receive validation. Validation will be provided at designated locations within the hospital and/or clinic.
Free visitor parking is available in the Lot A parking structure next to the DMC Heart Hospital on the corner of Mack and Beaubien with validation. Bring your parking ticket with you to receive validation. Validation will be provided at designated locations within the hospital and/or clinic.
Valet parking is available in front of the hospital for $12. For those with valid State of Michigan handicapped placard and/or license plate the fee is $5.