Visitor & Parking
COVID-19 Visitor Policy
Thank you for your patience as we navigate through these unprecedented times. Your safety remains our top priority as we continue to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and follow CDC guidelines.
Out of an abundance of caution, effective immediately, Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is changing its visitation policy until further notice.
- All visitors must be 18 or older.
- Visitation hours will be between 11am – 6pm.
- Each patient is allowed one visitor at a time. Additional visitors will have to wait outside the building until it is their turn to visit.
- All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering the building. Visitors with COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to visit patients.
- All visitors are required to wear a face mask at all times including inside patient rooms. Visitors will also be asked to sanitize their hands.
- After a visit is complete, visitors must leave the hospital and cannot remain in waiting areas.
- A patient that is a PUI (Person Under Investigation) or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 cannot accept visitors.
These measures will be in effect until we are advised by the CDC or the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services that it is safe to return to normal visiting practices.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Free patient parking is available in the flat lot in front of the DMC Heart Hospital or in the Lot A parking structure on the corner of Mack and Beaubien with validation. Bring your parking ticket with you to receive validation. Validation will be provided at designated locations within the hospital and/or clinic.
Free visitor parking is available in the Lot A parking structure next to the DMC Heart Hospital on the corner of Mack and Beaubien with validation. Bring your parking ticket with you to receive validation. Validation will be provided at designated locations within the hospital and/or clinic.
Valet parking is available in front of the hospital for $10. For those with valid State of Michigan handicapped placard and/or license plate the fee is $5.