Home / Community Programs / Volunteer at RIM
Volunteer at RIM
At Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan (RIM), volunteers make a tremendous impact on patients, their recovery and the overall experience of undergoing rehab at RIM.
If you think you might be a good fit for our volunteer program, please apply using the application below or contact Julie Eaman with questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepted applicants must complete:
- Age requirement: You must be at least 15-years-old
- Time commitment:
- We ask for a weekly commitment of at least three hours per week
- We prefer volunteers perform 100 hours of service consecutively
- These requests result in a volunteer period that is approximately two semesters or eight months
- Time of year:
- Volunteers are needed year-round
- Summer-only opportunities are available but are limited and require a commitment of at least six hours a week for a minimum of 50 hours of consecutive service. We begin accepting applications for summer volunteering in March
• An interview, during which we will discuss your interests and skills and will explain the
medical screening and orientation processes
• A basic health screening and TB clearance
• A two-hour orientation session
Placements are based on interests, abilities, time availability and the current needs of RIM.
Click here to download our volunteer application.