Home / For Healthcare Professionals / PM & R Residency
PM & R Residency
The Wayne State University (WSU) and Detroit Medical Center (DMC) Residency Training Program in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) offers tremendous opportunities for education, growth and career preparation. WSU and the DMC are nationally recognized for their excellence in numerous areas and provide research opportunities unavailable in non-university settings. Department chairs and faculty are drawn from among the leading researchers and educators in the country.
The Detroit Medical Center's Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan (RIM) together with Sinai-Grace Hospital and their suburban outpatient centers, make up the primary teaching facilities for the PM&R residency training program.
PM&R Residency Highlights:
- We offer residents a unique blend of a university academics and extensive outpatient musculoskeletal training in a community setting.
- Residents receive some of the most extensive outpatient musculoskeletal and electrodiagnostic experiences available.
- Our residents train at a premier rehabilitation institute, working side by side with nationally recognized faculty.
- Our resident's can focus on clinical practice, academic medicine or research.
- All graduates are trained in the entire spectrum of physical medicine and rehabilitation, including traumatic brain and spinal cord injury, electromyography, and industrial, pain and musculoskeletal medicine.
For the committed and talented candidate, this program provides an outstanding environment for achievement. For more information or to apply to the program, click here.