Home / Specialties / Orthopedics Program
Brittany Clark was on her way to work when a car crossed the line and slammed into her head-on. Because of her shattered elbow and fractured wrist, she ended up at RIM. While she was there, they discovered a tumor in her back that would have paralyzed her within weeks. Click here to read Brittany’s story.
Your Partner in Orthopedic Care
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan’s (RIM) inpatient and outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation programs specialize in providing physical rehab for people whose cases range from routine to complex.
As one of the nation’s largest rehabilitation hospitals, our orthopedic program focuses on helping patients regain their strength, mobility and endurance so they can return to active and independent lifestyles. To achieve this goal, our treatment team works closely with the patient’s surgeon or physician to provide a customized treatment program. RIM specializes in treating patients of all ages recovering from:
- Total joint replacement
- Joint revisions
- Spinal surgery
- Back problems
- Sports injuries
- Upper and Lower Extremity Amputations
- External fixation
- Orthopedic Surgery
RIM's Orthopedic Program offers:
- Knowledgeable staff experienced in treating a wide variety of orthopedic conditions
- Expanded therapy schedules and weekend therapy program for inpatients
- Interdisciplinary approach to pain management
- Rehabilitation nursing to address skin and wound management
- Aquatic therapy
- Shorter hospital stays and fewer complications during and after hospitalization
- Patient/family education and support
Upon completing RIM’s inpatient rehabilitation program, our coordinated discharge planning process ensures that a patient’s care continues without interruption after discharge. We will:
- Assist with any home equipment the patients may need
- Coordinate outpatient therapy
- Make follow-up appointments with surgeons or referring physicians as needed
For more information about RIM's inpatient orthopedic program or to schedule a tour, please call our Referral Services Department at (313) 745-1000
Outpatient Orthopedic Program
Outpatient therapy services are available for patients once they are discharged from the hospital or to aid in the recovery of those patients who do not require an inpatient program. Each site is fully equipped with state-of-the-art exercise equipment for those needing to improve strength and function or for those interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle through our post-rehab fitness program.
RIM operates more than 30 outpatient therapy sites throughout southeast Michigan. Find a location near you.