RIM’s psychologists and neuropsychologists are experienced in the assessment of psychological and neuropsychological functions. RIM’s psychotherapy program is focused on dealing with adjustment to disability and supporting the patient during the recovery process.
- Rehabilitation psychology: Involves emotional and personality testing to determine adjustment to injury or illness, as well as assessment of coping strategies to deal with changes in role or self-concept for those involved in the rehabilitation process
- Neuropsychological assessment: Involves testing areas of cognition that may have been affected by neurologic insult or a neurologic or psychiatric disorder. Such areas of cognition may include:
- Visual-spatial functioning
- Higher-level problem solving or executive functions
- Changes in emotional and/or personality functioning secondary to such neurologic insult or disorder
- Psychotherapy: Involves treatment for depression, anxiety, pain management, substance abuse, adjustment to injury and/or disability, role changes, etc. Treatment can include individual, couple, family and group psychotherapy (e.g. pain management group).
Psychological and neuropsychological services are available at the following RIM outpatient locations:
RIM Main Campus
261 Mack Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201
RIM Novi Center
42005 W. 12 Mile Rd.
Novi, MI 48377
RIM Sterling Heights Center
33464 Schoenherr, Suite 100
Sterling Heights, MI 48312